Tuesday, September 16, 2014

The Unknown

Over the years I find myself lost. 
Truly lost at sea
But what's so wrong with that?

I prefer it this way.
I prefer looking away from the unknown.
I prefer not knowing 

What happens when the rest of the world moves forward?
What happens when the rest of us love?
What happens when it's not me?

I never look at myself in the mirror anymore. 
The face lost in motion is not mine.
The face gleaming back at me, she is not mine.

Over the years I find myself wondering.
Wondering around this hopeless world.
But what's so wrong with that? 

I like it this way.
I like looking away from this world 
I like not knowing 

What happens when it's over?
What happens when I look through the glass?
What happens when it's meant for me?

I never wonder in circles anymore.
The circles always turned black.
The circles haunting me, they are not mine.

Over the years, I have stopped looking for the unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment