Saturday, July 13, 2013

Mr. Suave

I didn't notice a wedding band and frankly I couldn't care less. He seemed to be in his late 20's or early
30's-- this I also could care less about. My eyes caught with a glance of his dark hair (a personal favorite) and his effortless smile. He wasn't charming and some how I was completely fine with that. His style was straight from a Dillards' catalog. I pictured him as a lawyer... something boring to equally match his style. Boring isn't fair-- more like, very "put together". Maybe by his well groomed Stepford Wife. Our departure was as smooth and quick as our "hello". With a graceful smile, we both went on about our day... and that was that. At least I thought it was-- about an hour after Mr. Suave left my life and I carried on with my to do list built in my over crowded brain, a quick moment... just like before. There he was. Walking past me like my favorite lustful fantasy. But something wasn't lustful about it at all. Mr. Suave gave his shy graceful smile I was learning to love and in that slow moving minute, he paused. He had been searching his pockets for his car keys, but in that frozen second, he did just that, he froze and our eyes locked once again.

After my evening coffee and wine shopping in Whole Foods, I thought about Mr. Suave and I began to think about all the other men in my life... and now to add to the list... Mr. Suave.

So the story begins like this, a meaningless glance meets a shy smile. A dash of faith, a pitch of desperation. And there you have it. Coffee for two. Maybe the story will only last for a turn of a page or maybe even a short paragraph filled with awkward pauses -- it's a start. And the story will move us on. So here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment