Thursday, June 27, 2013

Fantasy for one

I always found myself lingering towards the fantasy of life. Even at a young age, I chose to live a lie rather than face the music. Who would choose differently?
I had a friend ask me Monday, "Do you think you will die alone?"... I laughed at first thinking he was only being dramatic.
I never answered but the question stuck in my head all afternoon. Having a mental ride down memory lane, I thought to myself that my track record wasn't looking so promising after all ... maybe I would die alone.
An ill pain came to my stomach when I realized I would be happier that way.
Maybe some of us just aren't meant for "his and her towels".
Now, before you write me off as the, Black as Night Ice Queen, just know, I have faith that every person in this world has a pair. I just don't believe I will make a very good pair.
My father made sure I would be the very best wife.. making sure my mother taught me how to cook and clean.. but he forgot to teach me how to feel. And thus the Ice Queen is born.

"I believe in the moon, the stars, and the sun... and so I am whole."


"I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of stars makes me dream."
- Vincent van Gogh

"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living."
- Dr. Seuss



No comments:

Post a Comment