Thursday, May 30, 2013

"OMG LANA"

Today, I googled:
"How to become a spy?"
"Do whales talk to each other?"
Yes, I am completely serious. Yes, I'm aware of how sad this is.

Once I caught myself being really pathetic (as noted above) I decided to make a list of things about myself that I know to be true (so much better way to waste time, right?)

Okay, Let's start:

I am EXTREMELY clumsy. I will drop everything and trip over anything. If you stand too close to me, you put yourself in danger... I have a track recorded of accidentally hitting people or stepping on their feet, etc, etc. If I'm walking with a drink in my hand, half will end up on the floor. I run into walls, boxes, small rocks... anything. Shit happens

I suffer from uncontrollable laughter. I really can not tell you why but I laugh at everything... everything. After years of friends pointing it out... I will finally admit it... I am Annie Carson and I am a giggle box.

I ask a million questions. When I first meet someone new, I want to know everything there is to know about them. If I do not ask them personally, I ask someone else. I find people to be interesting... and I am very much a people watcher. Creepy? Yeah, call it like you see it.

And a few little clips from my wife:

"When the people I used to know found out what I had been doing, how I had been living- they asked me why. But there’s no use in talking to people who have a home, they have no idea what its like to seek safety in other people, for home to be wherever you lay your head."

"We have nothing to lose, nothing to gain, nothing we desired anymore- except to make our lives into a work of art."
"It takes getting everything you ever wanted and then losing it, to know what true freedom is."

"I once had a dreams of becoming a beautiful poet, but upon an unfortunate series of events some of those dreams dashed and divided like a million stars in the night sky that I wished on over and over again, sparkling and broken."

"I used to wonder if it was God's plan that I should be alone for so much of my life. But I found peace. I found happiness within people and the world."

"I've got a war in my mind."

- Lana Del Rey


No comments:

Post a Comment