Monday, February 11, 2013

There he was my love

Remember how we used to party up all night
Sneaking out and looking for a taste of real life
There he was my love
High heels in my hands, swaying in the wind
We all look for heaven and we put our love first
We don't stick together because we put our love first
Don't cry about him, don't cry about him
It's all gonna happen
And that's where the beginning of the end begun
Everybody knew that we had too much fun
I was skipping school and he was drinkin' on the job
Table dancing at the local bar
Screaming, "Get us while we're hot. Get us while we're hot."
The bravest in crowd that you had ever seen
And you know something?
We got into trouble and when stuff got bad
Crying because we knew we were never coming back.
Darling, darling, doesn't have a problem
Lying to himself because his liquor's top shelf
It's alarming honestly how charming he can be
Fooling everyone; Lying, he's lying
The boys, the girls, they all like him
He gives them butterflies, bats his dark cold eyes
Baby, baby staying up til morning
It's alarming truly how disarming he can be
Looking for fun, getting high for free
He says, "Put your red dress on, put your lipstick on"
And you're alive again
He loved me with every beat of his alcohol filled heart
White bikini off with my red nail polish
Light of my life, fire of my loins
Give me them gold coins, gimme them coins
Chasing him all over town
Because we all know he's wasted
He's screaming. "Because I'm crazy, baby I need you to come here and save me"
He's got a soul as sweet as blood red jam
And he shows me, he knows me
Every inch of my tar black soul
Slipping on my red dress, putting on my makeup
Fumes, says it feels like heaven to him
Leather on my waist is tight and I am falling down
I can see your face is shameless,
Love you but I'm going down
God I'm so crazy, baby, I'm sorry that I'm misbehaving
Sorry about it
You're lying with your gold chain on, cigarette hanging from his lips
There he was my love... but never again.








No comments:

Post a Comment