Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Rabbit Hole

Let me tell you about falling down the rabbit hole.
I watched him... and watched him often. He had this way about him that lead you to believe he had everything under control. On the surface, his smile gave light to all things grey and his eyes could leave you breathless. I was crazy about all the things on the surface. The things underneath paid me no interest.
Let me tell you about losing all control.
He had this way of saying my name... like I was the only person he cared to know. When he spoke, walls trembled down to ashes. And when he said my name, those walls could never be rebuilt.

I never saw what could be so terrible about falling down the rabbit hole and losing all control. Maybe that was my flaw.

One day, I watched him fall into a blackness. A blackness no advantage person could rise above, but I knew he could. So I let him fall... I let him fall 100 feet below that rabbit hole with absolutely no control.

I never saw him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment