Thursday, April 12, 2012

My Week with Marilyn

My Week with Marilyn has been on my must see list every since it was released. I am very disappointed to took me so long to actually rent it. I would suggest you get off your butt, run to the nearest Red Box and RENT THIS MOVIE. My personal rating for the film is a 4 out of 5 (always room for improvement). Three words to sum it up? Charming, honest and last but not least, raw. I was so moved by this movie I thought what better way to express myself than a blog post? After seeing the movie, I did a little research (I'm a nerd) on the making of the film, the making of the actual film she was working on at the time, and of course her. Down below, you can see that I wrote the summary out for you guys... and we will go from there-- enjoy!

Plot: In 1956 Laurence Olivier is directing a movie in London and he cast Marilyn Monroe for the lead. As the film is being made it becomes very clear that Marilyn is getting on Olivier’s nerves because of her many demands and acting ineptness. Just as things begin to heat up for the worst, Marilyn takes an interest in Colin Clark, a young eager film student and she invites him into her inner world. Colin soon learns of her many struggles with her fame, her beauty, and her desire to be a great actress. Eventually Clark falls madly in love with Marilyn and everyone around him trys to warn him of her charm and heart breaking ways. Clark takes his adventure with Marilyn as a life altering experience.

Marilyn was played by Michelle Willaims who spent an entire year preparing for the role. Michelle's hard work paid off as she won the Golden Globe for best actress-- which turns out to be the same award Marilyn won over 20 years ago.

                   

Now let's get down to some facts about the real Marilyn, after all, she is the star of the show.

- Believe it or not, she was found to be very shy.
- She stared in 33 films
- Her music is still being used today in shows like, Burlesque, Dancing with the Stars, Mad men, etc.
- She always said, "My problem is that I drive myself, I'm trying the become an artist, and to be true and sometimes I feel I'm on the verge of craziness."
- Her last film, Something's Got to Give (1962) was very completed due to her death.

    
On the set of, Something's got to give

                                                   
My grandmother resembles her a bit here

No comments:

Post a Comment