Sunday, April 1, 2012

Movies of the Month: March

1st up: Drive starring Ryan Gosling. This movie was released September 16, 2011. I enjoyed it but I do not think it is a film that all will enjoy-- it was quite artful... and by this I mean, quite silent. The actual dialogue between characters is rather very small. Rated R was violence and bloody scenes. And they aren't talking about a little blood... they mean A LOT! A Hollywood stunt driver becomes involved with a money deal gone wrong in order to save the woman he loves husband (What? I know). But he isn't your average hero, he comes with charming good looks, sexy body, and killer driving skills.

I would recommend this movie to those who are open minded.


Next up: Hugo. Sadly I have to say I lost interest in this movie very quickly. I found it to be long and not exactly getting to the point. My mother and I watched this together and we both lost interest. She regained her interest as the movie went one but unfortunately, I did not (So much that I began to paint my nails). The story is set in 1930s Paris. A young boy is left to his uncle after his father died in a tragic fire. Soon after, his uncle leaves him without notice and the young boy picks up his duties as the clock keeper. As the young boy runs around the city, he learns of a special gift his father has left behind. With the help of a few new friends, Hugo (The young boy) figures out all the wonders this gift can bring.


21 Jump Street: Funny, Funny, and did I say Funny? Now, I am not be the best person to rate this movie... Well, because I was in it, so of course I thought it rocked!
The plot is very simple: Two goofy cops are given the task to go under cover for a hopeful high school drug bust. Along the journey these two cops are taking there role as high school students a little too seriously and of course being in the fashion of high school, drama follows! This a laugh out loud movie with tons of action. Rated R for nudity, drug use, and language. Starring Jonah Hill, Channing Tatum, and Dave Franco.

Next up: The Ides of March, starring George Clooney and Ryan Gosling. What a thriller mixed beautifully with twister! This movie will have you on the edge of your seats and biting your nails until the end credits. The story line takes you into the inside dirty ways of the political world. I believe even if you are not one for political matters, you can still enjoy this film. I would have to say the best word for this film is "shocking". You will be "shocked" from the beginning until the end. Make sure you put this one on your list!



 My week with Marilyn:
A full blog post will be coming soon.
Yes, this movie is that goooooood!
5 stars!








No comments:

Post a Comment