Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Magic

Five things I'm grateful for today:
April 18, 2012

1. My capability to walk. 
   
One of my biggest fears is to lose my ability to walk. I do not believe I am a strong enough person to go through something like becoming paralyzed; I feel like my will to live would be gone. I believe this is something people often take for granted-- and I no longer will.

2. My home.

My parents have worked so hard to give my sister and I a roof over our heads. I always find myself picking our home apart or naming all the things that are wrong with it. But I am grateful to have a place to sleep at night and a place to call home.  

3. My grandparents.

I always take my grandparents for granted and never really thank them for all they do. This being the only set that I have ever known. I gotta stop ignoring their phone calls, or avoid seeing them. "They won't be around forever", as my mother is always telling me.

4. My love for art.

Now, this is not a material item but it is something that I am truly grateful for. I am unsure of the person I would be without having art in my life.

5. The fan in my bedroom.

As I was sleeping last night I was beginning to become very hot and uncomfortable. A simple walk about 10 steps and the fan is now on. I never think about it but many people to not have that luxury.

2 comments:

  1. Your not thankful for your friends/fans?! shame on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I am. These were just five random things that I was thankful for on that day.

      Delete